Mittwoch, 17. März 2010

Arriving in Ribeirão Preto

I came to Ribeirão Preto in the State of São Paulo - Brazil, through the biggest international students organization in the world AIESEC to make a internship in an NGO. My goals are to get to know live in poor communities (for example favelas) and to experience education of children of such communities. I want to make a difference in the life of these children.I want to help the NGO to educate the children to have lot of self-confidence, so they believe in a future where they have an employement and suffer no more violence.

Last Friday I arrived in Ribeirão Preto at 3 pm. Rodrigo, who organized my accomodation, Tati, Larissa and Silvia received me very well at the airport. The first thing they told me about Ribeirão was, that it is very hot and never rains. Guess what happend 30 minutes later (and on saturday, monday and tuesday)? It rained! ;-D After that, we went directly to the best sorveteria in town to eat coconut and passionfruit icecream...delicious! Later we went directly to an Aiesec meeting and at night to Entorta Bixo, a huge college party with three stages and more than 10000 people.

I want to thank
very much Rodrigo (I am staying at his appartment for the first week) and his friends for receiving me so well at the airport! And I also want to thank Matraka, who made the reception poster, Mariana, who is responsible for my internship and all the members of Aiesec Riberião Preto for their messages on the poster and the nice reception at the meeting friday afternoon!!! I felt very welcome and am happy to be here with them and I am looking forward to know them better during the next 3 months.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen